Tuesday, September 7, 2010

PAIN for GAIN

So I already feel sore and need to..yes...file my calluses. GROSS i know but hey i need to so they don't rip off. uck! I feel sore already and think I should have just finished with burpees instead of doing bad deadlifts. Oh Well! Hopefully I can find time to sharpen my lifting skills with marc/Eric or on my own (watching crossfit videos) anywho here is our vid..


I felt like my deadlifts fell apart around 30 reps. partially due to the weight, tiredness, and i was focused too much on getting the weight down. I didn't want to hit my bruises but my form was compromised. i wasn't getting my butt down, my lumbar was bad, and i was not keeping my back active and strong. I watched deadlift tutorials and some say to help keep your back straight and strong you have to bring your shoulders back which helps your chest stay out. I then could not stop thinking of my form and what i was doing wrong. I know how I can deadlift but something is not right...I was frustrated and watched the entire 30 min workout video. It then dawned on me when I saw my yuckness and how to fix it :) but need lifting practice

THIS IS WHY I RECORD OUR WORKOUTS!! very helpful

I want to work on all lifts. I feel like I need more time with each lifting technique. I'm still very new to CrossFit and need more work and focus on my form before moving forward. Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment