Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions for 2011

I have 5 resolutions...I know! I will make this year great...30's here I come :)

1. live for me <3 (travel, love, laugh)

2. become fluent in Spanish, okay in Japanese

3. hit some major PR's

4. volunteer (become a big sister, help an animal shelter, donate time to a big cause)

5. audition with my sister (we always talked about it when we were small)


For those who are thinking of a 'FAD' diet or quick results.....

That is great that you are taking a step to loose weight but beware, not all diets are good for you and your confidence. If you don't mind the 'roller coaster ride' then by all means go right ahead and ride that up~and~down craziness. Most people that I know who are dieting (as the general public says) usually gain it all back within a few weeks. 

Crash diets don't mean to last more than 3-7 days and you will gain it back. If you want permanent results that positively affect your way of life, health and balance then you need to rethink and react. It will be difficult and hard but you will need to change your way of thinking. You shouldn't 'diet', you should have a healthy diet. Eat fresh, nutritious food that your body and brain needs. You will feel a difference and crave that feeling throughout the rest of your life. 

I grew up a McDonalds kid. Drinking soda and eating greasy food at school, then eating somewhat okay at home. 2 years ago I was eating everything and anything I wanted because I was so called skinny. When the doctor said my cholesterol was high and I had chronic sinusitis I said "nope, not going down that path" and changed it that day. I researched as much as I could about healthy eating, gluten free, and Paleo. Now I eat entire sweet potatoes and drink entire cans of coconut milk instead of munching down whole bags of doritos and scarfing down big macs. Cholestoral is down and I haven't had a sinus infection in 12 months (before it was almost every 3 months) Stupid doctors said nothing about changing my diet, instead they said I would need meds for a long looong time. WRONG you jerks!! How about eat healthy and your body will be healthy and heal.

Exercise + Eat Healthy = Energized You!

No comments:

Post a Comment