Friday, January 14, 2011

Fat vs. Muscle

Yes it is gross! and yucky to look at. Here is 5 lbs of fat vs. 5 lb of muscle. Same weight but the actual amount looks very different.

VIA @ Wikipedia
(In physical fitness, body composition is used to describe the percentages of fat, bone and muscle in human bodies. Because muscular tissue takes up less space in our body than fat tissue, our body composition, as well as our weight, determines leanness. Two people at the same height and same body weight may look completely different from each other because they have a different body composition.)

Tomorrow we are going to get a body fat analysis. The interesting thing about our bodies is everyone has a different composition.

Here are some descriptions I use to describe body types:
Super Skinny
Skinny
Skinny Fat
Thin
Thin Muscular (think I'm here)
Thin Fat
Average
Average Fat
Average Muscular
Athletic
Athletic Muscular
Buff
Cubby
Big Fat
Big Muscular
Big
WOW
Etc....etc....

Everyone guesses I'm around 100-110 max. I weigh 123 and no one believes me until I weigh myself. Little fat goes a long way. I'm glad I weigh that much or I'd be 100 with more fat to fit in the same jeans. I remember this girlfriend in college that wore the same size as i did. She said " I would rather weigh less than you and wear the same size"...ok...that's fine we will just have different body comps and I'll be the lean muscular and you'll be the thin fat. I'll burn more calories sitting than you will moving around... but can we still share clothes lol

2 comments:

  1. funny!
    think I'm average muscular, maybe? i have no idea.

    someone shared this with me the other day. pretty good read:
    http://blog.aqufit.com/post/2010/12/07/On-Warped-Beauty-Standards-and-Embracing-the-Buff.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link!

    I'd call you Athletic Muscular :)

    ReplyDelete