Monday, November 29, 2010

Paleo vs. Yuck

Back to Paleo and I'm sticking to it! (atleast 95% of the time) after approx. 2 months of acne free, gas free, headache free, mood free, joint pain free, sinus infection free, asthma free, and bloat free awesomeness it came to a brief end as I traveled through Asia. I broke out with pimples, had headaches, stomach problems and joint pain within a couple of days. It was so hard to eat on my schedule and the foods I love to eat. Thanksgiving came along and I decided, I chose to cheat cheat as Paleo cheat and Gluten cheat. WRONG! believe me it tasted great and yes a bit salty and sweet to me but so good. I immediately felt yucky ducky!

I am back on my Paleo diet and feeling way way better. no headaches, stomach issues, skin issues, joint pain etc. My skin completely cleared up in 3 days. Thats also what pisses me off. So many years of taking acne meds when it was just a change of diet. The so called 8 Dermatologists that i've seen over the years never asked me about my diet. Way to go! ruin my liver and have me pay lots of money for meds. boo to you! yay to my health boo for you so called skin docs.

8 months ago I removed gluten products and processed foods from my diet...3 months ago I went paleo for 2 months. Changing the way I eat is not hard. dealing with all my health issues was hard!


I grew up on the border of texas and mexico where food is delicious and not "healthy". I loved McDonalds, fast food, chips n dip, sweets, highly processed foods, frozen meals, pizza, burgers, tacos, greasy deep fried foods, sodas growing up and as a young adult. I would run and workout then stop by taco bell. Yup that was the reality of not having the knowledge that I am fortunate to have now. Even with the knowledge you must choose to change for the good of your mind, body, soul. Well-being and well balanced is very important. If only we were taught this at an early age. Health class should be a health class. If i would have learned about cholesterol, blood pressure, foods and what it does to my body...it would have been in my mind and i would have probably started to think about it as a teenager. I feel like these big companies just want to keep us sick, make $$, and not really care. look at our youth! traveling around the world has opened my eyes and made me sick to my stomach about what we do to our people in the U.S. Why do they market these bleh foods as if it was good for us!!?? $$$$$ sure its cheaper, quicker and yum (some of it) but at what cost. I actually save mula buying fresh foods and cooking.

Feeding peoples cravings with burger ads and greasy fries....ugh! must change and save the youth!!!!

this is how I felt over Thanksgiving and before changing my eating habits 8 months ago


This is how I feel with Paleo




No comments:

Post a Comment