Tuesday, December 28, 2010

workout workout with Ranger

So I visited the only CrossFit box in Southern Texas called Ranger CrossFit (www.rangerbootcamp.com) Its a nice box with a good supply of equipment and nice people. Thank goodness it was a cool night and not hot and humid. I was excited because my cousin joined me which was really cool. It was his first time but he always goes all out!!! The warm-up was a bit different from what I am used to which was cool to try. I worked in some of CFNC dynamic stretching which I love.

The workout was AMRAP in 10 minutes:
5 pullups
10 ring pushups
15 wall balls (14#)
40 yrd. sprint with 30# sand bag

I did 7.75 :) needed to run the 40yrd to get 8 completed

I felt a bit yuck after since I'm still recovering from this nasty asthma/bronchitis deal-e-o. After the workout I worked on my butterfly kips. I did 5 sets of 7. They are becoming easier!!! whoo hoo! I really like their bar. It had a good grip and swing to it if that makes any sense.


That was yesterday......TODAY....I joined a fellow CrossFitter from b'ville and we went to the gym to do our business. He was awesome and nice :) awe...We did a light warmup, strength work, and then the WOD.

we did strict press 3-3-3 (65#) didn't want to strain my stupid knot between my shoulder blades UGH!

WOD:
25-20-15

45# thrusters
25# kettle-bell swings
situps

completed in 6 min 20 sec. wish i could have done 65# but i need to get that knot out. The 25# KB was to light but that's ok :) next time! OH so the story of the knot is dumb! I was coughing sooo hard last week I actually pulled my oblique and back which is still healing. too bad so sad. Tomorrow is mobilitiy with Rene :) a rest day then CrossFit on thursday por favor

No comments:

Post a Comment